Blog: REMODELING A KITCHEN – OCTOBER 1, 2019
Where do you start!!!
1. Begin by evaluating your kitchen and decide what you want to change. Do you want a complete overhaul or just a few changes. Do you want new appliances, cabinets, sinks, faucets, flooring and lighting. Consider any features you might want to keep. Don’t forget (what I consider) the two most important kitchen requirements
- storage, storage, storage! One of the biggest mistake people make is not maximizing storage space. It’s easier to do during the remodel, than to try and make it fit later.
- Electric and Lighting! In my experience, there is never enough lighting or outlets in the kitchen! In this case, more is better.
2. How much time and money are you willing to spend on your project and try to stick with it. Major budget items include cabinets, counter tops and contract work. It’s good to leave a little cushion for any unknowns.
Most customers remodel their kitchen have many of these complaints and reasons to remodel.
- Cabinets are old or in bad shape
- Old appliances
- Too small of a space to work in
- Old counters or not enough counter space
- Not enough storage space
- Flooring needs to be replaced
- Need more outlets and/or more lighting (believe me, there’s never enough!)
- Want to increase the resale value of home
- Want to make it their forever home, AKA, aging in place home!
3. My personal favorite….if this is your forever home, PLEASE think about future needs aka Aging In Place needs. Click to read our newsletter about aging in place. https://conta.cc/2FsVQxd
Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for our next blog